3.09.2010

Jury Doodie

The Sixth Amendment gives us the right to a jury if we are on trial.
It does not, however, demand that citizens participate in the Jury.... maybe it does, but any sane person can get out of pulling jury duty. Just check a frickin' box. That's all. Who really has time to sit in a courthouse for a god-only-knows amount of time listening to mountebanks selling rotten half-truths? Freelance knitters? The developmentally disabled? The elderly? Welfare recipients? These are the people that jury's consist of. These people determine the guilty and the innocent. Because people who have real lives and are contributing to society check the box. Sane people have better things to do than listen to what is basically a gussied up blame game.
So, we have the right to a jury... but no one ever stipulated as to brain power required between the 12 people.... any lawyer could tell you that.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to do jury duty. I think I'd sit there pretending I was in 12 Angry Men, just contesting everything that anyone said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh! Mr. Buffoon commented on my weblog! *Starstruck*. Sort of... laugh out loud. I wonder if they have juries in England. No, I don't think so, last time I checked, the King just kills all the serfs that didn't pay the Land Lords. That's about all I know regarding England's legal system. That and the wigs.... there's wigs somewhere in there. With silly ringlets. Or maybe that's Japan.

    ReplyDelete